Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hamburgers, Ice Cream & Cocktail Hour

There is always a reason to cheat... right?  Soooo...what's the excuse for today? I had a headache. I bought a Jr. Hamburger fully intending to eat the insides... But I had an extreme headache and eating the full hamburger... bread included... seemed to be a valid cure.

Shortly after the burger was safely masticated and secure in my belly, the girls started complaining that my 4 year old's ice cream was melting everywhere and she no longer wanted it. The solution? Eat it of course. The ice cream was promptly passed up to the front of the car and quickly devoured by yours truly. *sigh*

Well.... The diet had been thouroughly broken, so... well... to hell with it...   If there was one saying that could define me, it would be... "There once was a girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good. When she was bad, she was hored." If I'm going to be bad, it's going to be all the way. Ugh.

When I woke up this morning, I had every intention of 'being good'. Oh well. I almost fell asleep on the way into town, so I had to stop and get a coffee.... Caffeinated of course.   Well... If I was going to stay awake, I'd need something of great interest... right?   So... Peanut m&m's it was... *sigh*   Good sense... Why did you leave me??????

I wish I could say that was the end, but the hotel stay included free cocktail hour. M&M's were followed by cranberry and vodka (a few times over) and several very yummy and very forbidden carb snacks. Oh how I wish that was it... but unfortunately.... we ordered out for dinner, and the evening was finished with a slice of pizza and a cup of Dr. Pepper.... And oh yeah... A chunk of chocolate.

I think that's all I have to confess tonight... Thank God tomorrow is a new day... And I fully intend to eat right... starting tomorrow that is...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know how those days go, eh? It's so easy to give up, isn't it? And OH so much harder to say, "NO" and stay true to the course. But, there is no doubt...we have done it before and we CAN do it again. Be faithful that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... it's possible. That's the only reason I keep trying. Someday I'll actually keep to it :) Maybe writing about it will help me stay the course... or at least keep it interesting :)

    ReplyDelete