Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I simply HAD to try it :)

What did I have to try?  Weeeeeeeell.  Here's the deal.  I have three kiddos that are on a gluten-free diet.  One HUGE problem with this is that my fav goto for the kiddos for lunch is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... or ham sandwiches... or whatever kind of sandwiches, because it's quick, easy and doesn't make a huge mess.

So.... today I FINALLY decided to try making some gluten-free bread from scratch in my brand new bread machine given to me by one of my girlfriends. 

Honestly, I expected a disaster... BUT when the bread came out of the pan, it looked simply amazing!

Now, this particular bread is not on the diet, but... I simply HAD to try it!  And... who eats bread hot out of the oven without slathering some yummy butter on it?  Not me!  No sir... not me :)  Let me tell you... it was good and TOTALLY worth it.

What's different about today is that, I'm not planning on completely killing the diet just because I messed up once... we'll see how well that works out.

As for now, however... for these and all my snitches... I am definitely sorry... well... mostly sorry ;)  LOL

2 comments:

  1. there is nothing like fresh hot homemade bread totally a sucker and would eat a whole loaf of it if I could!!! Yeah for making homemade and heck if its healthy a little cheat won't hurt...right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! That's what I thought. I DID say no to the beer Trent brought home with him, so that had to count for something... right??? LOL

    ReplyDelete