Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chocolate Yumminess "Sanity Pill" Recipe :)

My sister asked me for the recipe for my "Sanity Pill"... so, instead of sending it in one LONG text message, I decided... what would be better than just posting it here?

This recipe originally came from a Suzanne Somers dessert recipe my sisters made.  I have never seen the original recipe, and ended up adapting the recipe a bit anyway.  When I'm feeling weak, it's my definite goto. 

What is it?  It's like a chocolate mousse... or so I think :)  Sometimes I use almond flavoring in place of the vanilla... and if you really want to get adventurous, the original recipe adds a couple tablespoons of amaretto or grand marnier to it right before it's whipped up.

Chocolate Yumminess Recipe

1/2 bag special dark chocolate chips
2 sticks butter  (yeah... it's for a nice fat-loving diet :)
1 tsp vanilla
6 eggs (separated)

Melt chocolate chips and butter (sliced up for easier melting) in a double boiler.  (I use my 4 cup glass Pyrex measuring cup sitting over a large sauce pan with simmering water)

Meanwhile...
Mix up the separated egg yolks on a high setting until they are creamy. 

Once the chocolate mixture cools a bit add the egg yolks and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir in.

Clean out your bowl and then mix the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.  Add the chocolate mixture to the egg whites, stir in, and then set the mixer on high for 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, the dessert is finished!  You can enjoy some at room temperature or refrigerate first (which is recommended).  It all just depends on how desperate you are for that chocolate fix!

Enjoy :)

4 comments:

  1. Clean out your bowl? Clean out your bowl???

    Grab another bowl and do dishes some other time...this is CHOCOLATE we're talking about here!

    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I just finished my afternoon snack... and yes... I GLEEFULLY licked the bowl ;)

      Delete
  2. So glad you posted this. Ever since I had some of this at your house, I've been craving it. I will definitely have to "force" some on the kids, though, or I'll be eating way more than I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm glad you like it... had fun that day :)

      Delete