Friday, March 15, 2013

My 6 Month Beachbody 'Anniversary'

Sunday marks six months since the beginning of my journey with Beachbody and Shakeology.  And I'll tell you what.  Looking back?  I am blown away by the changes that I have seen in my life.  Is everything perfect?  No... of course not... but if you read some of my posts from before starting the Beachbody exercise and nutrition programs, there were several things that were pretty obvious.

Before making the changes:
  1. I was constantly battling depression.
  2. I felt out of control of my life.
  3. I was consistently falling off the wagon and going on food benders.
I still don't eat perfectly (And I occasionally still go on a food bender!), but through participating in challenge groups, and from the support of my new friends and challengers, I've made some pretty awesome changes.

After making changes:
  1. It has become easier to regulate my diet and make healthier food choices.  
  2. Exercise has become a part of my daily routine, whether it's through one of my exercise programs, chopping wood, or shoveling 24"of snow!
  3. I've been blessed with the opportunity to help encourage others who are on the same path.
  4. I've made new friends!
This Monday, I started the P90X program and am extremely excited about this new challenge!  It's been a bit of a rough week, as I've been incredibly sore from the chin-ups and weight lifting.  I admit... I fell off the wagon twice this week... had wine one day hanging out with my girlfriend, and the next in celebration of the new Pope. (1.  Yes!  I'm Catholic!    2.  If you know about the iPad challenge I'm doing... these were both 'sanctioned' by the judge.  LOL)  And no... I'm not always going to be giving up my glasses of wine or cocktails or chocolate bars, but it's nice to know that I can give them up for specific time periods!

If you've been thinking about making a change, but have been nervous about the commitment, just do it.  Make the decision to commit, and then make it happen.  I was afraid to start P90X, because I know it comes with a pretty good time commitment and a certain amount of pain.

Just take it one day at a time.  Focus on the present day... the present moment.  It's not about being perfect... it's about improving on your current routine.  And when you start becoming the person you really desire to be... you'll see the sacrifice and hard work were worth every bit!

2 comments: