Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Keeping it real... my "Sanity Pill"

Sometimes it's REALLY hard to stick with it.  Right now, I'm on day three of not cheating on the diet... and remember... this is a diet I've been on for three years now.  *Sigh*  Hence, the blog.... 

It feels really good to stick with it.  Especially when I step on that scale in the morning.  I know... I know... you aren't supposed to step on the scale every day, but I just can't help it... I just HAVE to know if all my hard work is paying off.

So, what do I do when I hit that mid-day crisis?  You know... the one where the kids are FINALLY napping or being quiet in their rooms (Honestly?... I LOVE that time of day...) and the first thing I do is think... "Hmmmm.... what can I eat that will send me into that 'I'm so completely fulfilled' contentment?"  I make my cup of decaf black coffee (and yes, I'm thinking about that swanky little song sung by Julie London when I say 'black coffee'  :) and get myself a bowl of some homemade delectable chocolaty yumminess that is most certainly ON my diet.  (Nope... no fake sugars... just some really dark chocolate mixed up with the best schtuff!)  I sit on the couch with the baby, turn on Netflix and lose myself in a couple commercial free episodes of "Glee" (my current amusement). 

Speaking of Julie London... I think I'm going to go make myself a cup of hot black coffee (Can you hear the swank?  Ka CHANG!)... listen to some Jazz... and just wonder what the scale has in store for me tomorrow.  I'VE BEEN GOOD!!!  Now that's something to shout about :)

Good NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment