Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Insanity... "Groan and bear it."

Every morning I get up between 6 and 6:30 am to do my Insanity workout.  I'm grunting and groaning as I drag myself out of bed and force my tired body to stumble down the stairs, make my way into the living room and key up the video of the day while I grab my water.

Thank God that Shaun T isn't one of those annoying exercise video people.  I'll never forget P.E. in high school, when my friend Jackie and I somehow talked our coach into letting us do the Tony Little workouts while everyone else played basketball.  We'd be stretching it out and all the sudden, Tony would say something like... "Imagine me... all alone... with you... in your living room."  EEEEEEEWWWWW!  Um... I don't think so, Tony... But Shaun T?  Well... suffice it to say that I just don't mind spending a little extra quality time with him.  ;)

Too bad that "quality time" is spent with me huffing and puffing and barely making it through... ahem... the warm up.  Oh geez... did I just say the warm up?!?!

Don't judge me, my friends.  At least not until you've tried a little Insanity yourself!  In the last couple of days, I've finally reached the point where I can actually force myself to complete the warm up without stopping.  And I'm so proud of myself!  *smile*  I do have to stop about a million times throughout the rest of the workout.  But, hey!  I'm sweating hard at the end, so I figure I've done my part... and I AM getting better.

The best part?  After only 10 days, I'm 4 ounces shy of losing 10 POUNDS!!!  Yes... Did I say 10 pounds?  I most certainly did!  I just can't wait for what's to come.  My abs are starting to look a lot better, and the rest... well... it's comin' along pretty nicely too :)

On top of everything... I have so much more energy throughout the day.  I'm sleeping better at night.  And... I tend to get more done with the time I have. (Due to my surplus of energy.)

When all is said and done... I might groan and bear it in the morning... but the way I feel the rest of the day makes it all worth it, and gives me the energy I need to repeat the cycle again the next time my alarm goes off.

And to you, cute chick in the front, with the short dark brown hair and chiseled abs... Yeah... I've decided I don't like you just yet.  You're too happy.  You workout too hard.  And you look too good.

That is all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment