Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bananas and Peanut Butter... My saving GRACE!

Borrowed from knackfornutrition.com
Following the Insanity plan means that I have to learn a new diet.  This is rather frustrating, because between caring for five kiddos, soccer, my Doula business, and the million other things I do - like clean house... I just don't want to take the time to get to know everything all at once.

One easy meal that I've discovered is an oldie, but goody.  The peanut butter and banana sandwich!

I take Ezekiel bread, Kirkland's natural peanut butter and sliced bananas to make a quick, healthy and yummy lunch in minutes.  In fact, If I just cut that in half, then I'd take care of one of the smaller meals in my five meal plan, and it only takes a couple of minutes to throw it together.  And believe me... with a big active family, time is of the essence.

The picture I use here is borrowed from another website, because I scarfed down my lunch today in my excitement to get the babies to bed and get to work.  But my sandwich had a top and a bottom, and no cinnamon.  Although... I think I will try the cinnamon on my next go-round.

Today I am sore... all over.  Every move is pain.  BUT, I feel really good.  The baby is actually starting to sleep better with my diet change, and I'm getting some awesome nutrition from Shakeology.  I've been feeling happy and energized, and on top of all that... I'm down a couple more pounds!  This is my third day, and weight is dropping fast.

To be honest... I kind of expected the weight to drop fast the first week and a half.  That's normal for me.  The real test will be in a couple of weeks, when it has slowed down a bit.

For now... I'm sore, but excited.  And I know, that although I whine my way through my 6am morning workout... I can do this.  I just keep repeating that mantra.  I can do this.  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment