Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"At the end of my 90 days, I felt like a hero!"

I am so excited about the winner of my last Beachbody challenge!  Ana was not happy with where she was regarding her fitness level.  She made the decision to change, and boy did she bring it!  Ana and my other challengers are the ones who I've mentioned that have helped encourage me along the way in reaching my own fitness goals.  She is not only a fellow doula, but I am so blessed to call her friend.

Ana chose to follow the Beachbody Insanity program, and in one of the hardest times in her life, she managed to work it into her daily routine.  SO PROUD OF THIS GIRL!!!


Ana's Story:

"I am 28 years old.  Mom to 3 beautiful boys.  Wife to an amazing hubby for 10 years now.  Doula, up until a month ago.  Owned and single-handedly ran a kids consignment and boutique.  Aspiring midwife...  Hmm, I think that's all. 

Since I stopped nursing my last son, I put on about 15 pounds and just haven't been able to shake it. I've tried diet pills, crash diets, gym memberships... on and on. I just felt defeated and over all dissapointed in myself. 

When I saw the amazing change Michelle was making using the challenges, workouts and Shakeology, I was more then ready to join!  When I first started, I was unsure if I could stick with it... there was so much going on in my life.  But somehow, I'd look at myself in the mirror and find time to push play that day. 

I didnt get to workout everyday.  I drank a beer when i just needed one... but I stuck with it.  I kept getting back on the wagon.  And at the end of my 90 days, I felt like a hero!  I had lost 9 pounds and several inches off waist , thighs and hips which is what i was really hoping for.

This challenge and mode of exercising is radical. The reason it actually worked for me is because I could do it on MY time... when it worked for me.  Whether that was 6 am or 11:30 pm, there was no one I had to face who was looking me up and down at the gym with that ugly... "I'm in better shape then you!" look on their face.  No one to be embarrassed in front of as I did what I could and then collapsed on my carpet in grunts and groans. 

Exercise and clean eating has become PART of my life instead of a binge.  And having the daily support and honesty of the challenge group makes it so much more fun!  My life has calmed down a bit.  With the sale of my business, I'm able to focus on my boys, my dad, my husband and myself.  But I took the challenge in the craziest time possible and was successful!

No matter how insane your daily life is... it's possible to make that effort to change yourself.  So overall, if you are feeing bad about your body, join up!!!  In 90 days, you'll find yourself writing one of these!  I'm so excited to keep going on this journey!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment