Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cheaters CAN be winners :)

The past five months have been amazing!  I went from 155+ pounds to 138 pounds, give or take a few depending on my cheating habits :)  I've gone from minimal muscle mass to sporting the best biceps and shoulders I've ever had.  My abs are ripped and my legs are so strong that I feel like I'm just bouncing when I go dancing... no soreness there :)

BUT... and you know there had to be a but coming... if you think that I'm a perfect little eater... always sticking to my salads and avacados and water and such... you thank wrong!  (and yes... I did just use the word 'thank' as a past tense of 'think'.  LOL)

I am possibly the WORST example of the perfect 'dieter' or perfect healthy eater.  For most of the weeks, and some weekends, yes.  I do eat healthy.  I'll eat my salads and beans and chicken and turkey and vegetables and Shakeology and be absolutely happy.  But as soon as I go to a party, or on a trip, or out to eat, or over to a friend's house (I think you get the picture) and someone offers me that cookie... or I see the artichoke dip and bread or I'm handed a glass of wine... there isn't even an iota of a no coming out of my mouth.  Nope!  I don't even think for a second, "Maybe I should stick to the 'healthy' stuff."  I immediately dig in and have a good time.

Now, I say I'm the WORST example, because if you're looking to stick to something and NEVER veer from it... I am NOT the person to be watching.  BUT... I guess I could be a good  example, in a sense... because if you are a habitual diet breaker like myself... just know... THERE IS HOPE!!!  

I have found that by following my Beach Body workout schedule (for the most part).  And by following a healthy eating plan (for the most part).  And taking some 10 Day Challenges where I don't hardly cheat at all... (notice the "don't hardly")... and by receiving the support and encouragement from my workout friends, I've been able to lose the baby fat and take back that "I AM WOMAN" feeling.  

I'm NOT just "mother of five".  I'm NOT just "stay at home mom".  I AM WOMAN.  I am the hot item on my very hot hubby's arm.  For the first time in a VERY long time, I feel good in my own skin.  I can get up in front of a crowd with my band and feel GREAT!  And it's not because I've been overly stressed and just couldn't eat.  Nope... it's because of my determination, lots of support, and FINALLY finding the formula that works for me.

If it sounds like I'm overly confident, well... it has taken me many years to get to this point, and I'm so happy and excited about it, that I can't help but share.  It feels amazing to leave depression in the dust, and to find new purpose, and to make new friends, and... and... I could go on and on.

Point is... I have done my fair share at cheating.  Cheating for 3 and 4 days in a ROW!  But I've been able to get right back in the saddle and overall average a healthy lifestyle.  So... Here ya go... I openly admit to it... I AM A CHEATER!!!  BUT  I'm also a winner.  Thanks to my awesome team and friends for helping me to get here.  It feels AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle! This is an awesome blog!! GREAT job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn! I love the support I receive from new friends like you :)

    ReplyDelete