Friday, April 12, 2013

Know when to ask for help.

A real friend does the crane with ya ;)
Running these Beachbody challenges can be fun, and are usually quite motivating. But... when you fall off the wagon (in an extreme manner), and you're supposed to be the 'example,' it's pretty hard to publicly admit that you really failed.  In all honesty... it's humiliating... and for someone who hates to accept failure, it downright stinks!

BUT... I'll tell you what. When I admitted to my challengers that I was really struggling, and making a downward spiral, they stepped up to the plate and encouraged and messaged and texted me to help make sure I got right back on the wagon. And you know what? I did! I got my workouts in and started eating right again. And as a result, I feel soooooo much better!

A lifestyle change doesn't mean that you'll never fall.  It just means that when you do, you get right back up and go at it again. You don't lose that resolve.

Knowing that my sweet challengers (and I dare say that I can call them my friends) had my back...  knowing that I was accountable to them... THIS is what made the difference. THIS is why I was able to put on my big girl pants and get right back at it.

It is so important to surround yourself with people who have your back. With people who understand that even though you really want that second piece of cake, it's NOT going to make you happy for more than five minutes...  And they'll reach out through your phone via text message and literally grab it out of your hands!!!

If you have a goal that you really want to reach, find someone that has a similar goal, and cheer each other on. You'll be surprised how much easier it is to keep on the right track.

Know when you're starting to wander down the wrong path, and then know when to ask for help. Having that support line? It makes all the difference in the world.   Just ask the girl with the curl... she knows ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment