Friday, April 19, 2013

And I dub thee... VINYASA!

Yes!  You got it.  Vinyasa!  Oh wait... isn't that a yoga move?  Um.... yeah... it is.  BUT... the other day, when my gal Elizabeth and I were doing some P90X yoga (Remember the Crane in the last blog article?  Yeah... that's when I'm talkin' about...), we were doing what seemed like a million vinyasas when I looked at Elizabeth and said... "You know what?  The word vinyasa sounds a lot like a fancy drink!"  "Hello bartender... may I have a Vinyasa?"  "Excuse me ma'am... I'd like to order a Vinyasa, please."

Is one out there already?  I don't know, and I refuse to look, because I like to think this is our idea completely!

So, as we were doing our vinyasas and struggling to hold our balancing poses, we started coming up with ingredients to what we thought seemed to fit the name.

Lime... clean and light... mint... extremely refreshing... agave... yummy and fairly low cal... and you know what?  We did it!  Our new drink, the Vinyasa is now one of my favorite drinks!  I have a vinyasa at least once a day, it seems.

Alright... so how do you make a Vinyasa?  Here is the recipe for this amazingly refreshing summer drink.  Depending on how you make it, it can have more or less calories (and I'm putting those renditions toward the end of this article).

Vinyasa Summer Drink Recipe (120 calories)


Ingredients:
1 fresh lime
1 can (or 12 oz) seltzer water
2 T Organic Agave Nectar
Fresh mint leaves

Cut and squeeze the lime into your glass.  Add the Agave nectar and stir.  Tear up the fresh mint leaves and put them into the glass (tearing releases the mint flavor).  Add the can of seltzer water, and stir.  Finally, find a relaxing place to rest and enjoy your Vinyasa!

Variations:  Now, all of the calories in this drink come from the Agave Nectar, so you can remove the calories by using Stevia, or you can cut them in half by using only one tablespoon of the Agave Nectar.  (If you do this, you may want to try just 8oz of the seltzer water then.)

The Vinyasa can be enjoyed clean or dirty.  The recipe above is for a clean Vinyasa.  If you want to dirty it up,  just add a shot of vodka to it :) (Beware... this adds another approximate 62 calories to the drink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment