Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Making the decision to change.

Pictures courtesy of stock.xchng.hu
I wish I was one of those women who have it all together.  You know... the ones who live for their workout and just can't get enough. I've seen those girls.  They are in awesome shape, and they always look perfect!

Nope... that's not me.  I'd be happy to just wake up after sleeping in a bit and make my way to the couch with a cup of coffee and snuggle in with my babies to the latest episode of Dora or Diego.

The problem with this 'dream' is that I want to be fit.  I'm determined to be in shape.  I'm in my 30's, and I don't want to spend the entirety of my 30's feeling like I'll lose the weight... some day.  I'll get into shape... some day.  No.  The time is now.  And I have made the decision.

When that alarm goes off at 6am, and I'm still sore from the previous day and my baby's been up all night crying and fussing, I'm whining like a little girl inside, groaning and dragging myself out of bed.  I hate knowing what's ahead.  And to top it off, when the warm-up exercises start, my muscles are so stiff, it's sheer will-power to make them move beyond a snail's pace.  Being fit is a decision I have to remake over and over again, from the moment I wake up, and throughout every minute of the Insanity workout.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I really don't like to do the Insanity workout.  It's hard.  I feel like cardiac arrest is only seconds away as I feebly go into a plank push-up position and try to look all strong and in control like the rest of the people in the video as they snap themselves from plank to standing with fingers touching their toes in one simple beautiful move.  While they're rocking the moves, I'm barely making it from floor to touching toes using some flapping fish sort of motion, sweat dripping down my nose.  Yeah... the picture of fitness beauty! (Notice the sarcasm there???  LOL)

The upside of it all???  I'm 37 days into Insanity, and starting to feel like I own the world!  For the first time, I have arm muscles that are defined and fun to show off.  (Yes.  I've always been a tomboy.  I like mud and I like showing off muscles... silly... I know...)  I can run up a mountain without dying when I get to the top, and I have the energy to run after five kiddos without feeling completely drained at the end of the day (Just partially drained... five is a LOT!  LOL).

The point is... If you REALLY want to make a change.  YOU CAN!  It's just a decision away.  You decide... How do I want this next year to go?  What will make me happier?  Feel better?  Feel more in control of my life?  I know the answer is different for everyone... but there is an answer out there, and it just requires one simple thing.  A decision.  And sometimes, it's a decision that's remade every minute of the day.

So make your decision to change... and then do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment