Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bless me Father, for I have splurged...

If I was back in the confessional, confessing my dietary sins for the past week, it would go something like this... "Bless me Father for I have splurged..." and then I would proceed to regurgitate the following litany of dietary debauchery:
  • Chocolate (several Hershey bars I found left over in the freezer after making s'mores)
  • Beer (We had an Oktoberfest party with amazingly authentic German beer.  Took a few days to finish off leftovers...).
  • Roast  (Saturated and baked in Oktoberfest brew, slow cooked in the oven with potatoes and carrots.  Who can resist that?)
  • Pizza (THAT one was FORCED on me by two loving friends who provided dinner for our family on Sunday after staying the weekend...)
  • Dr. Pepper (Goes with the pizza...)
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte (Same friend insisted on buying me a coffee... how could I refuse???)
  • Oh yeah... BURGER & FRIES!  (I hit up TGI Fridays for lunch on Tuesday... something I RARELY do... but the urge was strong, and my friend had a discount card... *sigh*)
Today, I added to that list.  My MIL (Mother-in-Law, who is currently visiting along with my sister-in-law...) asked me if I would make some of my beloved homemade biscotti... so, being the good daughter-in-law that I try to be... I did.  Unfortunately, this loving act instigated a cataclysmic chain of diet-breaking events once again.  *sigh*  

In all sweet honesty, I really was determined NOT to taste a morsel... but as soon as that strong almond smell started wafting from my mixing bowl, I was done for.  From that moment onward, it was one disastrous snitch after another.  

After the biscotti was cut and toasting, I was forced to deal with a ton of crumbs on my cutting board.  And seriously... what's the best way to deal with these crumbs???  Put them on ice cream, OF COURSE!

Needless to say, I sit here, once again wanting to smack myself silly for failing to eat healthy... but so thankful that because I have been faithful to exercise, this last week has not set me back much at all as far as the scale is concerned... maybe that's why I've been so bad???  Argh!!!!!

My new goal is to get through MIL's visit... and then hit the reset button... again.  I am, however, going to endeavor to eat right the next few days.  Then again... isn't that what I always do?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment